With the recent announcement of our new premium ICE Panel material option, Graphite Polystyrene (or GPS), we wanted to outline five key benefits of building with this innovative and efficient building product.
1. Superb R-values – ICE Panels made with a graphite polystyrene core will provide R-values as high as R44 (when built with the 9.25″ ICE Panel). GPS includes graphite which increases the emissivity of the EPS over standard white EPS. Graphite is a highly effective reflector of thermal radiation, which means that it can reflect heat back toward its source, reducing heat loss through the insulation.
2. More Square Footage – With a higher R-value per inch thanks to the added graphite, you can reclaim additional square footage by using a thinner ICE Panel featuring a GPS core. An efficient home with additional square footage is a win-win.
3. Streamlined Building Process – ICE Panels made with GPS are easy to build with, providing an accelerated building process. Builders have noted that ICE Panels are so easy to build with that a team of two crew members can effectively and efficiently erect an ICE Panel envelope with little to no issues. ICE Panels are lightweight, durable, and moisture-resistant, making them easy to handle, transport, and install in a variety of applications.
4. Lowered Carbon Footprint – An ICE Panel envelope consisting of GPS will allow for even lower carbon emissions than compared to an ICE Panel envelope consisting of EPS. The higher R-values the graphite provides will significantly lower the building’s carbon emissions, making it an eco-friendly choice for construction projects.
5. Impressive Rebate & Incentive Eligibility – ICE Panels with a GPS core will allow builders to become eligible to receive significant rebates and incentives. Experienced ICE Panel builders in British Columbia have reported that they were qualified to receive up to $10,000 per unit because they chose to build with an energy-efficient product.
It’s evident that an ICE Panel envelope consisting of graphite polystyrene is an innovative and economical choice for a commercial, multi-unit, or residential construction project.
Ready to learn more about this exciting offering? Connect with our customer service team by calling 204-726-1426 or emailing email@example.com